This post was written for inclusion in the Freedom of Cloth Carnival hosted at Natural Parents Network by Melissa of The New Mommy Files and Shannon of The Artful Mama. This year’s carnival will run from Sunday, July 3rd through Saturday, July 9th. Participants are sharing everything they know and love about cloth diapering, including how cloth has inspired them.
|My drug of choice. :)|
I’m a cloth diapering junkie. I get a high from stacking all my freshly washed and dried prefolds from the laundry.
As far as cloth related recipes go, I love making my own butt-spray as well as my own cloth wipes. My cloth wipes are just sewn with two pieces of fabric- one terry-cloth (for getting the chunks) and the other flannel (for smoothness of wiping)- sewn together inside out, turned, and top-stitched. Easy peasy. And oh so cute!
For the butt-spray, for the longest time I was using the Kissaluvs Diaper Lotion Potion concentrate mixed with witch hazel.
However, I found a website (http://www.zany-zebra.com/cloth-wipe-solution.shtml) and my friend and I got together one day (she’s so sweet- she even brought over all of the ingredients!) and made several bottles of the Lotion Potion recipe. It smells so good and leaves my baby’s booty nice and soft! It’s so easy and cheap, no more Kissaluvs for me (though I did love that stuff too)!
We made lots of this at once and then just divvied it up into little spray bottles that my friend got from the travel section at Target. These little spray bottles go perfectly in the diaper bag or up on the changing table. You can use whatever brands or scents you like for the lotion, soap, and oil. This also makes a great gift for any cloth diapering mama!
Natural Parents Network for the most up-to-date news on the Freedom of Cloth Carnival!
Please take time to read the submissions by the other carnival participants on the following themes. Articles will go live on the scheduled theme day:
- Sunday, July 3rd, 2011: Cloth Related Recipes — Writers share their best cloth-related recipes and tutorials.
- Monday, July 4th, 2011: Choosing Your Cloth Style — Today’s posts discuss parents' individual journeys to finding the cloth diapering "style" that best suits their families.
- Tuesday, July 5th, 2011: Cloth Diapering Must Haves — Parents talk about the most important items in their diapering “stash” and why they love them.
- Wednesday, July 6th, 2011: Wordless Wednesday, Inspired by Cloth — We asked parents to share their favorite cloth-related photo with us and turned them into a fluffy Wordless Wednesday photo montage on Natural Parents Network. Link up your own Wordless Wednesday post there!
- Thursday, July 7th, 2011: Cloth Through the Stages: From Infancy to Potty Independence — Today’s participants explain how cloth diapering has served their families throughout one or more stages of their children’s lives.
- Friday, July 8th, 2011: Cloth Troubleshooting and Laundry Day — Seasoned cloth diapering parents share their best tips and tricks for handling common cloth problems and tackling the diaper laundry.
- Saturday, July 9th, 2011: Inspired by Cloth — For today’s theme, we’ve asked writers to explore the ways cloth diapering has inspired them to become "greener" overall.