I have been doing a lot of reflecting, praying, and reading lately, and have been feeling convicted about many things. I have made some changes in my life and am feeling much happier, more free, and much, much more present. My time has been used more efficiently and I am growing as a wife, mother, and person.
With that being said, the time has come for Mommying My Way to come to a halt.
This blog has done so much for me, personally.
I have made new friends (both in real life and an online).
I have learned many, many new things and have adapted my lifestyle to align with the things I value.
I have made connections and networks that have empowered me as a mom.
I have written out and worked through many thoughts and feelings throughout the first nineteen months of parenthood, which was really, really good for me.
But, now I want my time to be focused on doing what needs to get done-- what I want to get done. I've been on the computer less and less these past few weeks and it's amazing what I can accomplish without a screen in my face. I have spent quality time with my family. I have spent quality time with my God. I have cooked a hot, homemade breakfast (and dinner, though that's not new) for my family every day and have spent nap times cleaning, tidying, organizing, de-cluttering, and reading. In the evenings, my husband and I have been reading this book together: Almost Amish: One Woman's Quest for a Slower, Simpler, More Sustainable Life, which ties in perfectly with this Bible study I've been going through on the Proverbs 31 woman.
I know the world is not a better place because of my blog, nor is it a worse one without it. But, I do know that I have grown and learned a lot by writing here and having you all read and comment. But, everything has its season, and the season for this has come to a close. I'm excited for what lies ahead as these small changes I've made in my life have only brought me renewed peace, joy, and faith, so I can only imagine what will come of this small act of obedience as I follow what I feel the Lord calling me to do.
Blessings to you all and thanks for following for the past nineteen months. I will still be checking in your blogs as time allows! And who knows, maybe I'll be back someday. ;)
With that being said, the time has come for Mommying My Way to come to a halt.
This blog has done so much for me, personally.
I have made new friends (both in real life and an online).
I have learned many, many new things and have adapted my lifestyle to align with the things I value.
I have made connections and networks that have empowered me as a mom.
I have written out and worked through many thoughts and feelings throughout the first nineteen months of parenthood, which was really, really good for me.
But, now I want my time to be focused on doing what needs to get done-- what I want to get done. I've been on the computer less and less these past few weeks and it's amazing what I can accomplish without a screen in my face. I have spent quality time with my family. I have spent quality time with my God. I have cooked a hot, homemade breakfast (and dinner, though that's not new) for my family every day and have spent nap times cleaning, tidying, organizing, de-cluttering, and reading. In the evenings, my husband and I have been reading this book together: Almost Amish: One Woman's Quest for a Slower, Simpler, More Sustainable Life, which ties in perfectly with this Bible study I've been going through on the Proverbs 31 woman.
I know the world is not a better place because of my blog, nor is it a worse one without it. But, I do know that I have grown and learned a lot by writing here and having you all read and comment. But, everything has its season, and the season for this has come to a close. I'm excited for what lies ahead as these small changes I've made in my life have only brought me renewed peace, joy, and faith, so I can only imagine what will come of this small act of obedience as I follow what I feel the Lord calling me to do.
Blessings to you all and thanks for following for the past nineteen months. I will still be checking in your blogs as time allows! And who knows, maybe I'll be back someday. ;)

Wow. It seems like a lot of mom bloggers are biting the bullet. I realize you're aligning your priorities. I wish you the best - you will be missed.
ReplyDeleteI hear ya, sister. In the world of competing priorities, it is good to learn how to say 'NO' to certain things. But don't disappear, OK? It's been a pleasure to be among your readership.
ReplyDeleteOh man, I'll miss your posts for sure! :(
ReplyDeleteBut, I can completely understand why you've decided to stop.